BLOGS | DEMAND GENERATION
Mastering SEO for B2B Tech: Maximizing Online Presence and Visibility for SMBs
NOVEMBER 28, 2023 | BY MARKETSTAR STAFF | 5 MINS READ
That’s how many people use search engines worldwide, adding up to around 98% of internet users!
The verdict is clear, search engines have become a part of everyday life.
The question is: How do you, as a B2B tech business, use this to your advantage?
In today’s digital-first world, having a strong online presence is a necessity for any business, especially in the B2B arena. BrightEdge’s study shows that SEO drives over 1000% more traffic than organic social media, with a staggering 53.3% of all website traffic coming from organic search. To thrive in the current competitive landscape, mastering SEO for B2B Tech is the ultimate way to maximize your online presence and enhance visibility. In fact, Sagefrog states that SEO is the most implemented B2B demand generation marketing tactic in 2023.
So let's explore how you can cut through all the online noise and reach your target audience effectively.
To Master SEO, We First Need to Understand it.
The constantly changing and evolving trends make it clear that SEO can no longer be viewed as just ranking higher in a search engine's results. As a high-yielding channel that not only remains consistent in fluctuating market conditions but also provides real-time insights into both market demand and customer intent, SEO is a true game-changer in a data-driven world.
Now, while the differences between B2B and B2C seem pretty straightforward, the method of approach could not be more different. Why is this pertinent? Because B2B sales funnels are typically more complex and lengthy due to higher stakes, larger financial commitments, and the involvement of multiple decision-makers. With the time and effort going into researching and comparing options, we need to leverage SEO to position ourselves as the perfect solution for a user starting their buyer journey.
The Different Components of the SEO Machine
- Technical SEO- This refers to making your site easier for search engines to crawl and index and can include optimizing your XML sitemap, improving page load speed, ensuring responsive design, and addressing issues like broken links, canonical tag errors, ensuring secure (HTTPS) access etc.
- Content SEO- This refers to creating content that helps your web pages rank higher in search engines. SEO content creation involves strategically incorporating SEO while also writing and structuring content to align with user intent, thereby increasing visibility and organic traffic.
- On-Page SEO- This refers to the content that informs search engines what your page is about, including image alt text, keyword usage, meta descriptions, H1 tags, URL naming, and internal linking. Optimizing these on-page elements, provides valuable cues to search engine crawlers, helping them better understand and index your content.
- Off-Page SEO- This refers to SEO tactics beyond your site's boundaries to establish its credibility and authority including link building, guest posting, social media marketing, and more. By utilizing external signals, off-page SEO indicates to search engines how reputable and trustworthy your page is.
SEO Best Practices That Withstand The Test of Time
Now that you have a better understanding of SEO and how to make it work to your benefit, let's explore some well-established best practices that you can incorporate to successfully master SEO:
- The Proof is in The Research- Keyword Research is a KEY step in identifying the terms and phrases potential clients use to find products or services. Optimize your URLs, page titles, and meta descriptions with relevant keywords to enhance organic rankings. You can also use SEO tools to find keywords that a competing site already ranks for in the SERPs.
- If You Can’t Track it, You Can’t Improve it- Track SEO Performance by regularly monitoring and analyzing SEO performance using tools like Google Analytics and Search Console to identify what works and what might need improvement. Analyze metrics like bounce rate, engagement metrics, conversion rates, pages per visit, time on page, CTR etc.
- Keeping Up With The SEO Trends- Given the dynamic nature of the field, keeping up with the latest SEO trends and algorithm updates is crucial in order to rank high on search engines. A great way to do this is by following SEO experts on social media. You can also follow industry news and top SEO blogs among other forms of relevant content, and attend webinars and networking events.
- Content is The Backbone of SEO- Creating quality content cannot be underestimated. Simple things like prioritizing quality over quantity, optimizing for "time to value”, delivering your key takeaways upfront, and ensuring that you follow the Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness & Trustworthiness (E-E-A-T) framework can help push your content to the next level.
- Optimize for Speed and Tags- Meta tags play a vital role in search engine rankings, so it's important to ensure they are accurate and descriptive. Additionally, enhancing your website speed is doubly beneficial because it not only provides for enhanced customer experience and faster loading pages but also makes it more likely to be favored by search engines.
Master SEO for B2B Tech: Trends to Follow
- Invest in Linkbuilding
Top-ranking results on Google have 3.8 times more backlinks.
This is why it is crucial to invest in creating a robust link-building strategy. You can do this by acquiring high-quality backlinks from reputable websites within your industry. Additionally, invest in internal links to help further enhance the website structure and user experience, and explore unlinked mentions of your brand or content, and reach out to the relevant parties to convert them into valuable backlinks.
- Enhance Your SERPs
67.60% of all the clicks on SERPs go to the first five results on the first page.
Leverage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) schema to enhance your presence on search engine results pages. The idea here is that by using structured data to mark up your FAQ/ PAA content, you can increase your visibility without necessarily improving your rank. This would not only increase your click-through rate but would also establish your authority and expertise on the subject matter.
- Establish Topical Authority
81.4% of thought leadership content results in organic traffic.
The best way to position your company as an industry leader is by consistently producing high-quality, authoritative content and establishing yourself as a topical authority. Publish well-researched articles, whitepapers, case studies, and industry insights that showcase your expertise to attract organic traffic and establish trust, leading to increased lead generation and conversions.
- Leverage AI for SEO
8% of respondents say they aim to use AI for content and SEO in 2023.
Jump on the AI bandwagon to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your SEO endeavors by harnessing the power of AI-driven analytics. AI enables you to provide valuable data insights, build data-driven strategies for keyword targeting and content optimization, and also help with the more monotonous tasks like generating reports, monitoring rankings, and conducting technical audits.
- Repurpose Existing Content
42% of marketers say that repurposed content leads to successful marketing campaigns.
Repurposing existing content not only improves your SEO, but it also expands your reach and boosts engagement. Repurposed content is a great way to cater to the diverse preferences of different audience segments. It enables you to be versatile in targeting a wider range of platforms to increase your content's visibility while saving you time, resources, and ensuring consistent messaging.
- Boost Technical SEO
75% of people will never go past the first page of the Google search results page.
This is why improving your page’s technical SEO aspects is more crucial than ever. In order to enhance performance and search engine visibility, make sure to optimize your website speed, mobile usability, and crawlability to provide a smooth user experience. Properly structured URLs, XML sitemaps, and canonical tags can further help search engines understand your page, resulting in better rankings.
- Integrate Social Media
As per 2023 statistics, the average user visits 7.2 social media platforms each month.
With the rapid growth in social media usage, it is important to integrate this as part of your SEO marketing efforts to boost content reach and engagement. Engage with your audience on social platforms and share valuable content, as social signals from platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter can positively impact your overall search engine rankings.
- Optimize for Local SEO and VSO
24.4% of all clicks go to the first result of local business searches.
Optimizing for local SEO and voice search is crucial for online visibility. Ensure accurate listings and information on platforms like Google My Business in order to boost visibility in targeted geographic searches and capture potential clients in specific regions. Creating content that targets long-tail, conversational keywords is also key to aligning with voice search queries, given the growing relevance of VSO in 2023.
Outsourcing SEO: The Most Beneficial Strategy Yet
Outsourcing SEO is a tried and tested strategy that guarantees results every time. It helps you attract a wider audience and maximize your online presence while allowing you to focus your time and energy on core business activities. Given the complexities of SEO in the B2B tech industry, partnering with the right outsourcing provider can be a real game-changer.
Here are some benefits to consider for outsourcing SEO:
- Specialized Expertise - You can make use of your outsourcing partner’s expertise, resources, and experience to drive effective SEO strategies, stay updated with industry trends, and benefit from their in-depth knowledge and up-to-date strategies.
- Flexibility and Scalability - You have the added benefit of flexibility in adjusting your SEO efforts according to your business needs while at the same time increasing scalability to better accommodate its evolving development.
- Better Quality Content - You can expect high-quality content tailored to your target audience, written by experts in SEO who can craft engaging and valuable content that resonates with potential customers and improves search rankings.
- Improved ROI Results - You are guaranteed a higher return on investment with outsourced experts who implement data-driven strategies and track performance metrics to produce better-targeted campaigns, improved lead generation, and enhanced conversion rates.
- Time and Cost Effective - You get to save valuable time and costs, which allows you to prioritize your work, better utilize your in-house team, and eliminate the need to invest in expensive SEO tools, resources and training.
Strategies for Demand Mastering SEO isn’t a choice. It's a necessity.
In this dynamic era, SEO remains the key to unlocking untapped potential and driving lasting impact for 2023 and beyond. Having a strong online presence is essential for businesses and SEO plays a pivotal role in driving visibility and organic traffic. However, understanding SEO's intricacies is only the first step towards producing high-quality SEO-enhanced content capable of achieving high search engine rankings in today’s competitive landscape.
Establishing a strong SEO strategy not only ensures you stand out, it also equips you to draw in qualified leads. Following industry-vetted SEO best practices and trending strategies as covered in this blog also goes a long way in helping you further enhance your business's competitive edge by effectively cutting through the online noise to reach your target audience. This enables your business to thrive in the digital landscape, outshine competitors, and achieve long-term success.
Outsource Your SEO Needs
However, it can be challenging for businesses to stay on top of the latest trends and shifts in the SEO domain. This is where partnering with specialized outsourcing SEO agencies comes in. A guaranteed pathway to demand generation marketing success, outsourcing partners give you access to expert resources, scalable solutions, and industry insights that allow you to maximize your online presence, engage a wider audience, and focus on core activities.
Outsource to MarketStar, your dedicated partner for achieving SEO success and driving exceptional results.
Achieving Customer Success with MarketStar’s Growth-Centered Strategies
Explore our tailored approach to fostering client satisfaction, enhancing customer retention, reducing churn, and ensuring long-term growth with our targeted success solutions.
How Can We Help You?
Whether it’s revenue growth, strategic partnerships, or everything in between, we believe that your business can reach new heights. And MarketStar is the partner you need to drive that growth. Reach out to our team today; we’d love to hear from you!